Saturday, November 29, 2008

Featuring: StrangeChild

Who are you?

I am Jenn. :) I am a graduate of Hampshire College (F93), who settled in the Pioneer Valley instead of going back to NJ. I live in Easthampton with my husband, our dog and my two bearded dragons. By day I am a webmaster for an internet retailer. What is your store name & why did you chose it?

Well, I've got a number of projects running under the name Strange Child Productions, so my Etsy ID is StrangeChild. I created that before I had a store. However as my sculpture line began to take shape, I realized it needed something that described my products. Bright Eyed Creatures came to me as I was driving to work one day.

What do you make?


Currently I make Sun Dragons, Moon Dragons, Imps and a small assortment of jewelry. (My shop also carries a friend's bead spiders, but I cannot take credit for anything by the photography.) All of my creatures are made of polymer clay, and I use a technique called millefiori to give them patterned hide and scales.
Quick description of my creatures:
* Sun Dragons have eyes that light up in the sun.
* Moon Dragons glow in the dark.
* Imps come in a variety of shapes and sizes.


Most of my jewelry is made of leftover bits of millefiori cane that is too cool to put in the junk pile.


How long have you been making it?


I have been making Sun Dragons and jewelry for about 4 years. The Moon Dragons and Imps have only been around for a year of so.


What is your favorite piece and why?

I use images of this guy for my business card. He just looks SOOOOO happy. Unfortunately he's currently in my OOPS section because he took a bump to the head, but he's still awesome.
(Pic below)

What do you love about Western Ma?

I can see and hear cows from my living room window but I only have to drive 15 minutes for fabulous sushi. Plus I can see stars at night -something I never stop taking it for granted. But besides that I feel at home here. I am more likely to meet people I have something in common with during an afternoon in Northampton than I will if I spend a week in NJ. Going to Jersey is only "going home" because my family is there.

Is there any place other then Etsy we can find your work?

Yuppers! I am on...Flickr, DeviantArt, Facebook, and my personal website.

No comments: